All Star Code envisions a country where all young men of color have the access to the tools of success, where the ability to thrive is available to all who are willing to dare greatly.
All Star Code creates economic opportunity by developing a new generation of boys and young men of color with an entrepreneurial mindset who have the tools they need to succeed in a technological world.
The Summer Intensive is All Star Code's flagship program, a FREE six-week coding experience featuring both technical web development skills as well as essential career skills. Personal laptops and hotspots are provided to every student.
Using our three pillars: Dare Greatly, Celebrate Failure, and Tell Your Story, we give young men the skills, networks, and mindsets they need to succeed through technology.
The ASC experience is unparalleled --- Our instructors were great teachers, I made friends in my cohort for life meeting students who have a special drive to succeed --- and I drew my inspiration from the African American executives who took me under their wing with pride. They gave me strength. They inspired me to want to learn more and do more. They have changed my life.
Kwaku Boafoh Agyeman
We are very proud of the work you are doing with and for our kids. As a young man, Kojo (ASC 5) acknowledges how much he has grown up as a person in the last few weeks spending time with you! I've garnered that info from him and from his conversations with his friends. The kid appears to be on a different level! This summer has been awesome.
Executive Vice President, Head of Human Resources at Deutsch NY
VP of Talent Acquisition, at Publicis Media
There's so many wonderful things I can say about the program because I'm able to see it myself. A lot of times, when you give to an organization you don't get to actually see the benefits. But when you get to see it yourself, it just makes a difference. It makes you think 'We have to continue. I want to see this grow. I want to see it in every state in the country. Every city should have a program like this, because it's so important.
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
- Week 5
- Week 6
Applications are open from January 5, 2022 to April 15, 2022
When is the Summer Intensive?
Where does the Summer Intensive take place?
Why should I apply to the Summer Intensive?
What is the application process?
Final decisions will be made based on applicants' demonstration of All Star Skills. Offers will be sent out at that time, and applicants have 2 weeks to accept offers and complete the appropriate paperwork. The entire process will be managed through our new admissions portal, where students are free to login, check their progress, and reach out to our team at any time.
Is there a GPA requirement?
We do collect GPA data for our statistics, though!
Where do students end up after the Summer Intensive?
Note for Scholars: If you have already attended our Summer Intensive program, please do not reapply. Students are only allowed one Summer Intensive experience. Scholars (program alumni), please check out our Scholar Portal for exclusive opportunities!
When will I know if I was accepted into the program?
Seats are limited! The sooner you apply the better chances you have of being selected!
What programming languages are taught?
I already know how to code. Am I eligible?
Can I join the Summer Intensive if I'm not in high school yet?
Do I have to be a US citizen to apply?
However! Students must be located in the United States for the program's duration, and a US mailing address and phone number are required.
I don't go to a traditional school (home schooled, not attending, etc.), am I still eligible?
Please send inquiries to email@example.com, if you have questions about your application.
Will there be a waiting list?
How can I improve my chances? What does it take to be an All Star?
- Respect others
- Demonstrate logical thinking
- Demonstrate growth mindset
- Look up terms they're not familiar with (like "Growth mindset" )
- Embrace "Celebrate Failure" = are hungry to learn by stepping out of their comfort zone
- Embrace "Dare Greatly" = are ready to take risks
- Embrace "Tell Your Story" = can convey ideas clearly and see value in doing so
- Uplift others around them
In addition to this, we encourage you to participate in our virtual coding challenge, Crack the Code! It serves as a great introduction to some of our Summer Intensive topics.
What is your attendance policy?
Here's everything you need to know about attendance:
- Day 1: If a student is absent on the first day of the program, July 11th, their seat is forfeit.
- A student is considered absent if they login to their virtual classroom 30 minutes past the scheduled start time.
- Students with 3 absences will be dismissed from the program. For each absence, the student's Parent/Guardian is informed and the student must attend Office Hours until they are caught up with the missed material.
- Three latenesses = 1 Absence
- A student is considered late if they are not present by the scheduled start time.
What is your expulsion policy?
- Missing any day in the first week
- Having 3 absences
- Missing weekly project submissions and being unresponsive via phone and email
- Using abusive language
- Showing disrespect towards instructors & host site space
- Harrassing, intimidating, or discriminating anyone
All Star Code is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment. We will not tolerate anyone (including students) intimidating, humiliating or sabotaging others in our workplace. We also prohibit wilful discrimination based on age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or disability.